Practical Java Programming for WebSphere is a self-paced, hands-on training
course with emphasis on creating working programs to access, display and
change data. Unlike other Java courses, there are no hypothetical examples
or theoretical examples or theoretical discourses. Everything in the training
can be put to immediate use by iSeries programming professionals. The
course is an excellent introduction to modern, cross-platform programming
- Harness the power of JavaServer Pages (JSP) with ease.
- Install and configure VisualAge for Java for WebSphere programming.
- Configure and work with datasources and connection pools in the WebSphere
Test Environment (WTE),WebSphere and your Java code.
- Work with Java source code, packages and projects in VisualAge for
- Create classes, methods and fields using VisualAge for Java "SmartGuides".
- Create JavaDoc documentation in your Java source code .
- Work with the JDBC/ODBC "bridge" driver to develop and test
database applications on your PC.
- Understand how Java works with exceptions and to effectively deal
- Use the JDBC driver classes to run SQL statements against relational
- Use SQL Prepared Statements to make your queries run faster.
- Start, control and understand the built?in WTE.
- Create and serve simple HTML documents from the WTE to verify its
- Use the Servlet SmartGuide to quickly create a Servlet, then test
it using the WTE.
- Include JDBC code in a Servlet to access and display your database
- Work with HTML table tags to create good looking web pages.
- Create a JavaServer Page to display data and take the place of your
- Use the WebSphere JSP Tags to simplify database access in your JSP.
- Create a multiple page JSP application using the request and session
- Create and use Java Beans in your multipage JSP to pass data from
page to page.