AP57: AIX 5L Differences
This course on CD-ROM is designed to enable the student to interpret and use
the new features of AIX 5L, version 5.1, including Itanium support, kernel changes,
file system changes, utility changes and much more.
This course is designed for System Administrators, Programmers and Support
Personnel who will be installing, providing support for, or programming in the
Before starting this course, the student should have system administration
experience with AIX Version 4.X.
· Installation and System Startup
· Application Development Environment Enhancements
· System Management and Utility Enhancements
· Enhancements to Subsystems
After taking this course, you will know the following:
· Upgrade and AIX system from AIX 4.3 to AIX 5L Version 5.1.
· Describe the features of AIX 5L that impact application development.
· Describe the AIX affinity with Linux.
· Describe the changes to System Management Tools.
· Describe and create JFS2 file systems.
· Describe network changes.
· Configure and use the System V print subsystem.
Duration: 23 Hours
Cost: £375.00 plus VAT